Saturday, March 13, 2010

Reume Material

Trust me, it looks a lot prettier on paper. I did a simple layout in InDesign. The sections are in large green rounded font. I left my phone number off of the the blog for obvious reasons.

Cover letter-- I am, of course, customizing this letter for each different place and job when I can.

Erin Carr Davison

To Whom It May Concern:
My name is Erin Carr and I am currently in my last semester at Westminster College. I will graduate in May with a Bachelor of Arts Administration, and I am excited to start work in the gallery business. Your gallery has caught my eye.

I am an appreciator and creator of art. My goal is to be the conduit between artist and
art-lover.

I have a strong understanding of drawing, painting and photography. Some of these
subjects I have been studying for as many as 6 years. I have also had pieces of my art work hang in a hand full of shows in and out side of school.

I am proficient in professional writing, and have good communication skills. For almost 3 of my 4 years at Westminster College I have taken communication courses. I have been able to take what I have learned in the classroom and put it into action in the real world, writing press releases and professional letters. In order to keep the lab running smoothly as the manager of the Westminster photo lab, I must make sure what I say is communicated well to students and employees.

I have been in several juried student art shows at Westminster. I have worked at the Meyer Gallery as a gallery assistant. And during my last semester at Westminster College I will present a formal report to change the Arts Administration program to be more beneficial to students.

I have attached my resume and will contact you some time within the next week.
Thank you for your time,
Erin Carr

ecc0621@westminstercollege.edu



Resume ----



Email: ecc0621@westminstercollege.edu
Erin Carr Davison

Objective
To work in a fine art gallery in order to be the link between the public and the world of art.

Education

Fall 2006 – May 2010 Westminster College Salt Lake City, UT
• Bachelor of Arts Administration with an art emphasis and a minor in art
• Deans List every semester attended


Related Coursework:
Art History
Professional Writing
Principals of IRM
Survey of Art
Principals of Management
Writing for the Mass Media
Public Relations


Fall 2008 Florence University of the Arts Florence, Italy
Study abroad program through Study Abroad Italy (SAI)


Gallery Experience
May 2009 – August 2009 Meyer Gallery
Susan Meyer ###-###-#### Salt Lake City, UT

Gallery Assistant
• Selected, arranged, hung and helped light art work.



o Selected new pieces from the vault to be hung.
o Hung pieces to museum standards, and helped with lighting them.
o Reorganized the art safe
.

• Organized filing system
I cleaned up and reorganized the filling system which kept track of
artworks, artists, buyers and other information.

• Assisted in selling art works
Along with working day to day in the gallery I assisted on Gallery Stroll nights.

• Wrote press releases
I wrote a press release describing an art show involving two Utah artists. The story was picked up 2 different local papers with another bimonthly paper calling to ask about future story opportunities.


Other Experience


Spring 2010 Westminster College Photo Lab
David Baddley ###-###-#### Salt Lake City, UT


Photo Lab Manager


• Created lab work schedule.
I created a schedule to allow all employees to work the amount of hours they requested.

o Works for the employees, giving them the hours they want and needs
while working around their class schedules
o Complies to the number of hours allotted by Westminster College
o Allows for the lab to be open 7 days a week.
o Allows photo students to be able to work in the lab from 10 a.m. to 10
p.m. most days.


• Keep chemicals in stock
I make sure chemicals are purchased and kept in stock. I also make sure chemicals were always mixed and ready for students and lab monitors use.


Help students with their photography and the photographic equipment.
I check out equipment to students working in the lab and help with any questions or problems they have about the photographic process.


• Keep the photo lab clean, making it a good working and creative environment.
I clean spills in the wet lab and kept the digital lab free of clutter. I also kept the lab and equipment in working order.


o Replace light bubs in enlargers
o Keep up with repairs needed of the digital and traditional photo equipment (scanners, printers, computers, enlargers, etc...)
o Purchase new equipment and supplies when needed


• Wrote press releases
I wrote a press release describing an art show involving two Utah artists. The story was picked up 2 different local papers with another bimonthly paper calling to ask about future story opportunities.


2007- Spring 2009 Westminster College Photo Lab
David Baddley ###-###-#### Salt Lake City, UT
Photo Lab Monitor

• Help students with their photography and the photographic equipment.

• Keep the photo lab clean and a good working and creative environment.

Summer 2008 Executive Services Group Holdi Salt Lake City, UT
House Cleaner

• I thoroughly cleaned high-end homes in the Promontory community


• I was responsible for myself and my own duties

The only instructions given to me were to clean well and to do it by a
certain time. I was responsible to motive myself and to work quick and
efficiently.


Summer 2007 Quebeduxe Pontiac – GMC Tucson, AZ
Receptionist
I was the main receptionist for a fairly large car dealership

• Answered multiple lines and directed calls.
• Greeted and directed guests to sales, finance and other departments

Interests
Art (creating and enjoying), learning, reading, rock climbing and traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment